If you’ve been following the news, you’ll know that child sexual abuse is a major problem on our island and serious cause for concern. In our final installment of Cocktail & Convo for 2017, we have chosen this very important topic to be our focus. Please join us as we delve deeper into this topic with a view of protecting our children and exploring ways for healing and care of the abused and vulnerable.
In this Cocktails & Conversations, we will explore topics such as:
- Providing information on the difference between safe and unsafe touching;
- How parents can teach children the body parts that are considered private;
- Signs that should be not ignored
- Ensuring that children are aware of who to go to when they feel unsafe or confused
- The need to teach children assertive language skills
- And more…
Contributors to the conversation are:
- Counseling psychologist Josh Hector
- Abuse survivor and author of the book Force Ripe, Cindy Mc Kenzie
- Member of the legal community
Date & Time: Wednesday 15th November 2017 from 6pm to 8pm
Venue: The Connection, 2nd Floor, Gleans Building, Lagoon Road, St. George’s
Price: $25 – includes cocktails served by Mixologist Mel
No children allowed at Cocktails & Conversations
To attend, RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, WhatsApp 473.535.5000, or sign up using the form at the end of the page.
Carlana Charles is the visionary and editor-in-chief of FemmePowered. She is a womanist, writer, speaker, story midwife and facilitator of meaningful and engaging conversations. When she is not working in or on FemmePowered, she can be found resting, baking, reading or scribbling furiously in her journal whilst sipping wine or coffee, sometimes both at the same time. She is currently working on her first book and hopes to release it in September 2018.