Hello you! Welcome!
I’m Carlana and I’m stoked that you’re curious enough about me to visit this page. So, I’ll tell you a bit about myself, what this site is about and how we can stay connected. Here goes:
- I’m a born and raised island girl
- Business owner, life strategist, social entrepreneur
- An advocate for women, speaker, writer and aspiring author
- I’m also a domestic violence survivor, a bliss chaser and
- I’m dedicated to empowering and supporting women in their quest to live with intention
- I’m also a woman in pursuit of living intentionally, authentically and with my whole heart
- Rainy days, the beaches and the sweetness, simplicity and slow pace of island and country life
- Family, faith, community, a good laugh, and a fun lime
- Jazz, singing off-key and doing so loudly, dancing like a loon when no one’s around, getting lost in a good book
- Pizza, baking, coffee, Netflix, wine, my dogs Ellie and Lola and British tv shows
- Writing and helping people thrive are my true passions and I’m happiest and come alive when I’m doing either of these
Concerning this site, you should know that:
- I share bits of my story with domestic violence, articles on femmepowerment (female empowerment), what I’m thinking or musing on, events and activities I’m involved in and features from women making a difference
- FemmePowered really began as a way to chronicle and give meaning to the thoughts that ran through my head about matters relating to women
- I initially created FemmePowered for me and later shared it with others. It took on a whole new life then and has evolved from a personal blog into a social enterprise, a hub and community
- This site was borne out of my personal experience with domestic violence and is a testament that we can birth beautiful things from even the worst of experiences. I believe when we do this, our experiences become a catalyst to something greater
- I wanted to create a platform to talk about issues that affect women, spread awareness of domestic violence and empower women, not matter their story.
I believe that:
- We live our lives for others, informing and inspiring as we navigate our way through life
- We can make something beautiful from our pain
- Many of our experiences can act as a catalyst to birthing something greater in our lives and the lives of others if we view them from the right perspective and refuse to let the negative break us
- We owe it to ourselves to seek out the beauty in life and live intentionally, authentically and with our whole hearts
Some time ago I came across the Mexican proverb, ‘They tried to bury us. They didn’t know we were seeds’. It resonated deeply with me and as I reflected on it, I concluded that I wanted it to become a personal reality of sorts for me. I would let that painful time birth something new. I decided that the physical, emotional and psychological abuse I endured would become a seed of inspiration, encouragement, hope, purpose, and joy. And I would use that seed to become an agent of change, create a social enterprise and contribute to the empowerment of women, no matter their story.
My hope is that through partnership with others who embrace my views and outlook, and the delivery of impactful and intentional content and services, this site will become a community and resource for women in the pursuit of crafting brilliant lives. I love sharing about how women can build intentional lives in both personal and professional spheres and I also gives talks about rebuilding your life after abuse and divorce. Feel free to get in touch if you need more information or pitch a topic to me.
Stick around and feel free to share your thoughts. Thanks for being here and all the best to you! Don’t hesitate to let me know how I can be of service to you and you can connect with me here.