My Inner Being speaks to me often. I enjoy the dialogue always. In my recent quiet time I was reminded of a few things. Things that I need to remember, carry with me, things that bear witness to my soul, my heart, my being.
Dearest Carlana, there are a few things I need to remind you. You already know this. But at times you need to remember -:
- You are creative. You have the ability to create the life and dreams you carry. Even the hidden ones, the ones you tuck away in the deepest recesses of your heart; the ones you’re afraid to dream and dare not acknowledge. My darling, you can create anything you put your mind and hand to, not just because you’re blessed, but because within you is a creative gene, one planted by the Creator at the time of your creation. All it needs is your cooperation to take you on a journey you can’t begin to imagine.
- You are not for everyone – and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. You see Spirit attract spirit just as game recognize game. Understand and recognize where you are, who you are, Whose you are and where you are going. It will help you to not see rejection, but redirection into a place of calling, destiny and purpose with those intended for you, at the appointed time and season.
- You are enough. Just as you are, in this very moment. Face breaking out in your 30’s – you are enough, a few pounds heavier but still enough, low on cash – you are enough, straddled with seemingly insurmountable challenges – woman, you are enough.
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Make bold moves, boo. Shit don’t happen on it’s on. Go out there, do you, be epic, work hard and still classy and graceful about your success.
- What is for you, will find you. The right people and opportunities will come your way. You don’t need to chase. Simply position yourself and leave the rest to the Great Orchestrator. Trust me, He know how to set game up.
- Chase dreams and hope, never people. People will fail you. It’s human. It’s to be expected. Spend your time and energy chasing your dreams and goal, instead. Always.
- People will show you who they are. They ALWAYS do. It is up to you to accept/believe what you see. If they are rude to the waiter, they will be rude to you. If they talk bad about their friends, they’ll talk bad about you. If he cheat on his girlfriend or wife, he’ll surely do the same to you. Nuff said!
- They departed from you because they were not for you. End of story. Don’t cry over them, don’t loose sleep over them. They came, they taught you what needed to be learned, they showed you your strenght and character and more. But they were not meant to stay. And that’s not a bad thing because it means that new doors are opening and a new wind is gushing.
- Everything you need to create the life YOU need is already within. In fact, it was put there by the Creator and the time of your creation. Yup. Serious. The ability to make money, to develop ideas, to be the best at what you do, is already coded into your DNA. All you need to do is dutifully tap into that creative area of your life and allow it to manifest.
- You are your greatest asset. Not your house, car or all that other stuff. You carry within you all you need and the ability to create the things you desire. It may seem hidden but it’d your duty to seek it out.
- Be drawn not by the physical but by the spirit. Build connections with people who make your spirit leap. Ignore how they look or present themselves and be mindful of sweet and enticing words. Always flow with the spirit. When in doubt lean into the spirit and ask, what do you say? But if you’re dutiful in the practice of being guided by spirit, for the most part, you will feel the draw of likeminded beings. The frequency is real and the signal is strong.
- You are a success. It’s true. Material possession don’t make you a success. You’re trying, striving and intentional about living, giving and being the best version of you. You’re living life on your terms in a way that feel authentic and true. You’re succeeding as a human being. You are succeeding in becoming the highest version of yourself.
- Finally, I want you to know that you are loved. Yup, it’s true. Just believe; I’m not going to elaborate on that.
Carlana Charles is the visionary and editor-in-chief of FemmePowered. She is a womanist, writer, speaker, story midwife and facilitator of meaningful and engaging conversations. When she is not working in or on FemmePowered, she can be found resting, baking, reading or scribbling furiously in her journal whilst sipping wine or coffee, sometimes both at the same time. She is currently working on her first book and hopes to release it in September 2018.