Happy Tuesday 🙂 Today I want to share an interview with Caribbean media personality and internet sensation Rodell ‘Rodey’ Cumberbatch. My sister recently put me on to him and although I find him funny, I really enjoyed this interview as it touches on so many things I talk about in Start Me Up Weekend. Some of these include:
- The importance of having a balance – the mind, body, spirit mantra (I’m a firm believer in this)
- Recognizing that for many of us entrepreneurs and solopreneurs, we are our own product
- How you can leverage free and accessible tools to help build and grow your brand and business
- Ending dependency on other to accomplish our goals – sometimes, we need to find a work around
- The importance of niching and having a message (his get a man and keep him project)
- Dealing with the critics
- Honing your craft and being persistent
- Investing time and energy in your product
- The importance of having a support system to helping you reach your goals
- How failure helps us to appreciate success much more
Beyond the entertainment value, there’s so much you can gleam from looking at the video. Check it out and you will see what I mean. You can see the video below.
Hope you’re also seeing the sort of thing we do in Start Me Up Weekend. I’m doing another Start Me Up Weekend this coming weekend 22/23 August and then again on the 28/29. There’s still room for a few more people. Why not shoot me an email to sign up or get more information? Let’s work together to use our God-given gifts and talents to enhance our community and maybe even change the world.