Virtual bookkeepers are a big help to any small businessmen who hates dealing with numbers and anything that’s remotely connected to accounting. Still, we do advise our clients to cultivate a little knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting so they’d be able to assess if there is anything amiss in the work of their virtual bookkeepers. One way for that to happen is to use easy-to-understand accounting software. Below is a round-up of some of five popular accounting software among small businessmen.
- Quickbooks — This is the number 1 accounting software in the market. More small businesses use this software than any of the other software combined. The free online version allows you to create and manage invoices, track sales and expense, and apply sales tax. You also get access to more than 20 business reports for your business. The paid versions have more features.
- Less Accounting — This is a paid accounting application, though you can try the software for 30 days for free. You can choose from three pricing plans, the cheapest of which is the $12 per month plan where you can get access to invoices and expenses and a limited number of reports.
- Lite Accounting – Self-proclaimed as the most affordable invoicing solution, it offers three plans for the small businessman, including a free plan. Unfortunately, the free plan doesn’t offer much. You can add as many products, services, and customers as you like, but you can only send five invoices per month and you don’t get to customize your invoices to reflect your brand.
- Peachtree — Sage Peachtree is an accurate, easy-to-use accounting software that provides the insights and control needed for businesses that are committed to getting the numbers right and improving results. If you buy the product, you get free shipping, free support, and free online training. The latter perhaps is the product’s main attraction for many small businessmen who don’t have time to figure out how their accounting software works. Trial is free for the first 30 days. After that, you have to pay for either Sage Peachtree Accounting or Sage Peachtree Quantum.
- Outright – This free accounting software is for people who don’t want to record expenses—or miss deductions, deal with bookkeeping, or think about what to send the IRS but DO want to be instantly organized and ready for tax time, have an up-to-the-minute snapshot of how business is going, and use a simple and free accounting solution. It works perfectly with Harvest, Freshbooks, and Paypal A very handy tool if we may say so.
These are some of the best accounting tools that you can use to manage the financial aspects of your business and share with your virtual bookkeeper. If you need any assistance managing your books, do contact us and let us know how we can make your business life easier.