Backlinking is one of the ways to make your web site indexed by search engines. For the business owner, this means that the company web site turns up in the first few pages of Google whenever someone makes a search. To reach that point, you’ve got to scatter the links of your web site all over the place. One way to do that is by social bookmarking.
Social bookmarking is simply submitting your online articles and blog posts to social bookmarking sites. You add tags to your submission so that it will be easier for other social bookmarkers to find your articles and blog posts.
To make sure that your web pages get the most exposure, choose the most popular social bookmarking sites to put your articles and blog posts on. Here are the top 7 social bookmarking sites that your business needs to be on.
- Reddit –Though Reddit is full of rants, it’s still a good way to drive traffic to your site. Make sure to be a little creative in adding titles to your submissions to attract other users to click on your link.
- Digg – This social bookmarking site has a lot of users because it’s very user friendly. You can log in using your Facebook account and your bookmarks will be posted in your Facebook wall should you prefer it to be so. Users search bookmarks by category so make your to use as many categories as appropriate for your submission.
- Del.icio.us – If you have a Yahoo account, you can use this to log in to Del.icio.us.
- StumbleUpon – This is one of the biggest and most active social bookmarking sites around. It’s a sure fire way of increasing traffic to your web site. Make sure you have good content to get people to “thumb up” your submissions.
- Technorati – If you’re in the technology business, then you’re going to want to be on this site because it’s network of readers are interested in technology as well as business and entertainment.
- Google Bookmarks – You can make lists and add bookmarks through this site and make those lists available to the public.
- Mixx — Tagged as your “link to the Web content that matters,” your submissions will surely not be ignored in this site. However, make sure your content is really good since Mixx-ers can rate your content and you don’t want a bad rating.
Social media management, loosely defined as the managing of social media accounts, is one the services provided by Caribbean Virtual Office. Do consider outsourcing your social media management tasks to us and let us help you navigate the social media jungle.